LEARN THE BASICS OF WELDING
Promax is here to help you understand the different types of welding and when to use each – as well as answer frequently asked questions.
HOW-TO VIDEO – PLASMA CUTTING
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – PLASMA CUTTING
WHAT IS PLASMA CUTTING?
Plasma Cutting involves creating an electrical channel of superheated, electrically ionized gas (plasma) hot enough to cut through metal of various thickness and blow the molten metal away from the cut.
This is accomplished using compressed gas, which is blown through the torch nozzle at high speed toward the work piece. As electricity from the cutter torch travels down this plasma, it delivers sufficient heat to melt through the work piece.
Always follow the necessary safety procedures when using Promax products.
- Only use these products if you are suitably qualified and competent
- Always follow the operating instructions
- Ensure that all electrical connections are safe and properly insulated
- Always inspect your equipment for signs of damage or wear & tear before use
- Ensure that all gas connections are secure and leak free
- Be aware of your surroundings, sparks can ignite fires and harm you or those around you
- Arc rays can burn the skin and harm the eyes
- Always work in a well ventilated area– fumes generated during welding or cutting can be harmful
- Always wear suitable body and eye protection
WHERE TO FIND US